organização sem fins lucrativos. remuneração: Monthly stipend and transportation allowance are provided tipo de emprego: período integral
QR Code Link to This Post
Community in Action is a grassroots non-profit non-governmental organization (NGO) working in favelas (shanty towns) throughout Rio de Janeiro. Our mission is to empower the impoverished of Rio through job training, education, and cultural opportunities. Community in Action places volunteers from around the world in partner schools and community centers helping to fulfill our mission by maintaining and developing outreach projects. This operating model has been very successful with the rise of tourism in Rio de Janeiro due to the 2014 World Cup and 2016 Olympics. We now are looking for a new OPERATIONS MANAGER to help us continue implementing programs and help us keep up with current growth. It will require strategic planning, general management, and implementation support.
We are currently seeking a Full-Time Operations Manager to begin in January or February of 2020 for at least a one year period. PLEASE ONLY APPLY IF YOU CAN COMMIT TO THIS AMOUNT OF TIME OR LONGER. This position entails several responsibilities. As the Operations Manager, you will direct day-to-day operations of all volunteers in Rio de Janeiro while building and maintaining partnerships. Your duties will be carried out working closely with the organization's Managers, Founders, and volunteers.
This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in social entrepreneurship, International development, and non-profit management.
• Help formulate objectives to recruit volunteers, develop outreach program options, and build new partnerships in Rio and worldwide
• Develop marketing materials and conduct marketing activities in the community with volunteers
• Sustain and modify volunteer recruitment processes and support volunteer logistics / customer service processes
• Recruit and train community volunteers to work with international volunteers
• Develop new outreach programs and strategies to assist with long-term sustainability
• Support writing news stories and update website with public information
• Provide organization linkage with other organizations (stakeholder relationships)
• Interpret/Represent organization in community support volunteer project placement efforts
• B.A./B.S. Degree
• Management experience
• Non-profit experience
• Strategic planning experience
• Working knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Equally as important to work and educational experience, the ideal candidate should have experience traveling with a very flexible and open-mind
The Full-Time Operations Manager MUST SPEAK PROFICIENT Portuguese before beginning
Please note that due to our not-for-profit goals and means of sustainability, the Full-Time Operations Manager will only receive a monthly stipend, to help cover transportation and living some expenses (e.g., rent / food). Funds can be raised beforehand on behalf of the NGO to help with living expenses – percentage breakdowns will be discussed during the interview process. In order to fulfill this position, therefore, you are responsible for covering your personal living expenses that are not covered with the stipend. PLEASE ONLY APPLY if you are interested and can support have funds to help support yourself financially while living in Rio (which will pay the difference with expenses not covered from the stipend). Fundraising activities can also take place outside of Brazil.
Sustainable community development in Rio de Janeiro requires someone who is passionate about the cause and willing to pursue a vision. Community in Action needs someone with this passion and drive. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone interested in International Development, Non-Profit Management, or Sustainable Enterprise.
Somente intermediários. Contratantes, não contatar este anunciante
NÃO nos contate com serviços ou ofertas não solicitadas